4.20.2008

Adopted

I have found out through this adoption process that some days will just be so easy and some days are just going to be incredibly difficult. Waiting is such a struggle! But let me clarify...waiting in itself is not what causes me pain and heartache, but what I am anticipating causes my hurt. The unknown is painfully frightening. The intense desire to just be able to see, hear, touch, and smell my child is overwhelming some days. The emotion associated with the complete inability to be able to comfort her, protect her, kiss her goodnight, hug her when she's sad, read a book to her just so that we can spend time together, or plan our holidays and vacations knowing that she may not be able to go because she's not here yet is sometimes unbearable. God is so good to me though. He has taught me so many valuable lessons in the midst of my waiting. He has reminded me of how adoption is such a picture of salvation. God sent His only son to die for our sins so that we may be ADOPTED into the family of God. It wasn't immediate though. Our adoption did not take place the instant that Christ died. It didn't happen even when He was resurrected. The LORD had to wait for us. I was twelve years old when I gave my life to Jesus, so for twelve years, He waited for me! He waited for my adoption to be final!!! His desire for my life was much like what I desire for my children...to spend time with me. He wants to comfort me, teach me as I read His Word, hug me when I'm sad and He even wants to plan trips for me to go on with Him! How awesome is that!? The Creator of the universe, God Almighty, wants a relationship with me as my Heavenly Father. He wants to guide and direct me. He wants me to make His name known among the nations so tht He can adopt more into the family. How painful must it be for the LORD to have to wait for each adoption to become final? How frightening to know that some have chosen not to be adopted into His loving care. But how awesome do you think it is for Him each time one of His children is added permanently to the family and given all the rights and privileges to the kingdom. He must be thrilled to receive children and watch them grow in His presence knowing thta one day that child will enjoy unbroken fellowship with the Father for eternity. AMEN!!!!!
><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>
Romans 8:15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"
><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>
1 John 3:1 See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous message. Thanks for posting this! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. o jenn- that was beautiful. I can see the LORD is doing so much in your life through this. I cant wait until you get your reward for the wonderful thing you are doing-i can't wait until you get your child. I am praying for you. I love you so much. If you need anything-im here *Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you have found a way to keep everyone posted on this process for our new little one. I am so excited for you and Jay and the kids and cannot wait for a new child to be added to the family. I am just as happy to see how much you have grown in Jesus and how you are touching lives around you. I pray that God will continue to use you and Jay in His work. I love you very much, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us know about your blog Aunt Jenny. I will be checking back often to see where we are on the new addition to cousin Chloe and Will. We love you guys and hope to hear some good news soon. Shannon

    ReplyDelete