6.29.2008

My dream...

Ok...so I just got home at 1:30 this morning from the Deeper Still Conference in Atlanta, GA.  While I was there, the Lord convicted me of my pitiful prayer life.  I mean...I pray, I just know that the Lord wants me to go deeper in my pursuit of Him and deeper in my prayer life.  I have felt lately like I've been carrying around many burdens and heartaches that are linked to things I can't control, but I know the One who can and I know that He wants me to give them over to Him!  So, I got home and went straight to bed with all of this on my mind and I had a "crazy" dream.  I dreamed that I was lying in bed, half asleep, and I heard a terrible commotion in the next room...  When I got up to check on it, there was a huge snake slithering around everywhere knocking things over, and destroying everything around it.  I ran to get Jay and told him to come quickly and do something!  When I walk back in the room, he's holding this small seemingly harmless snake around the neck with one hand.  I remember saying "It looked way bigger than that when it was tearing up the house!"  He killed it, threw it out, and we began to clean up the mess.  I woke up with a fear that there may be a snake in my house somewhere (it was one of those very realistic dreams) and I felt in my spirit that the Lord wanted to use that to tell me that if I could see the enemy visibly destroying my house, I would do something about it, but because so much of what he does is unseen, I don't take seriously the battle and I don't go into it with my prayer guns blasting!  I have not been able to stop thinking about it all day, and I want to encourage all believers to PRAY!!!!  Join me in praying for our nation...  the lost... the upcoming election... for believers to return to what they know to be truth.  

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

James 5:16
The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

No comments:

Post a Comment