8.04.2008

I can't do it!!!

Let me tell you about a phrase that I have heard countless times, and I've even said it before.  It is a phrase that is quoted by Christians to people that may be carrying around a heavy burden, or have suffered a tragic loss.  It is a phrase that many believe is a verse of scripture.  It is a phrase that is not only NOT found in the bible, but the principle behind it is unbiblical!  Here it is... but before I offend someone, remember that I have said this before too...

"God will not give you more than you can handle."

I have found out in the past 7 or 8 weeks (I've lost count) that I can't take care of this 6 year old boy!  I can't love him like he needs or care for him like he needs.  I can't be a perfect foster parent.  I can't even be a perfect parent to Chloe and Will!  But guess what else I have found out...  I'm not expected to be perfect.  The LORD does not hold me to a standard of perfection.  He only wants me to rid myself of me and be filled with Him so that He can care for His children through me!  I'm simply a vessel.  

So, I surrender!  I'm waving my white flag.  I'm choosing to be victorious through Him.  I choose today to turn this over to the author and perfecter of my faith.  The only One who is able.  The One who holds the universe in the span of His hand.   He is capable, sufficient, sovereign, merciful and loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment