5.12.2011

#7

It's been a while since my last post.  I have noticed that I tend to take a break from blogging after I have posted something that is as personal as the previous post.  Maybe it's because of the emotional toll, maybe it's because I have to reflect on it for a while..  Whatever the case, I'm back, for now, with an update.  Our family has changed once again.  We have seen our 7th foster child go back home this week, and it doesn't get any easier.  I don't know how to parent a child without loving them as my own, so I can't let them go without tears and anxiety every time.  I am reminded, though, of several things.

  • God loves those children more than I do.
  • Even my 3 children are not my own. 
  • God is sovereign and He has a redemptive plan.
  • His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways. (Isaiah 55:8).
  • Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  (Lamentations 3:22-23)

I will continue to pray for my children that have moved out.  I pray for their salvation, first.  I pray that the Lord would place someone in their lives that can guide them and direct them to make wise choices.  I pray for their parents and their siblings...  And the list goes on and on.

As you can see, fostering is something that comes with a price.  It costs my family emotionally and physically, but it reaps great rewards!  We are not called to a life of comfort and contentment with worldly things in this life, but we are called to make much of Christ.  Fostering is not the only way to make much of Him, but it is one way.  How are you glorifying Him?  Do you even know Him?  Not "know" in the intellectual sense, but "know" in the spiritual sense...

One last thing.  If you are reading this and you think, "I don't know how they do it..."  Here is the answer:  God's grace is sufficient.  We are encouraged by His Word and we are sustained by His grace.  Also, we have some pretty great friends that intercede on our behalf.  



2 comments: