6.22.2011

Zimbabwe

Ok, so I know I said I would post when I got home.  I've been home for a week and a half now and I think I am finally getting back to normal.  Jet lag got me!  Jay always makes it look so easy...  He comes home, takes about one day to rest and then he jumps back into regularly scheduled life.  He's a beast, I'm a sissy..  I admit it.  :)

Anyway, Zimbabwe was wonderful!  My favorite thing was getting to actually be a part of it on the ground there instead of being part of it from home.  For five years, I have been able to help girls develop their purity testimonies.  I have been a part of meetings.  I have helped with organizing and other preparations for Jay.  I have helped Jay to pack his bags. I have discipled many girls that have gone on the trip and have heard their stories of how God used them while they were there.  I have prayed before, during and after each trip for the people that are being ministered to, the ACTS team, the translators, the missionaries, Gregg and Donna Fort, and for the team.  For five years, I have been as much a part of the ministry in Zimbabwe as I could be from Mississippi.  This year, I finally got to see it with my own eyes, smell it with my own nose, hear it with my own ears, and speak with my own mouth...  And I am so blessed for having been.  I don't know how I will ever ever communicate what I learned and experienced, but I will try...  Over the coming weeks, I will be posting things I learned while in Zim.  I'm praying that if anyone actually reads this, they will be blessed and challenged to participate in missions as a lifestyle, not only as a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment