8.29.2011

..::Powerful words from Ezekiel::..

Ezekiel 33--
  "his blood will be on his own head"(v. 5)   vs.   "I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood"(v. 6)

I am so challenged and convicted by today's reading from Ezekiel.  All 20 verses of it!  The chapter starts out with a charge from the Lord to Ezekiel to tell his countrymen "when I bring the sword against a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows the trumpet to warn the people, then if anyone hears the trumpet but does not take warning and the sword comes and takes his life, his blood will be on his own head."(vs. 2-5)
First of all it says when I bring the sword...  The LORD doesn't say that we will have smooth sailing, and abundance of peace and prosperity here on earth.  He says that we will encounter blessings, like "the sword" and persecution for the sake of the gospel.  That's right, I called those things blessings.  How else would we learn to be made more like Christ without experiencing even a fraction of the things that Christ endured??
Verses 7-11...  "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.  When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.  But if you do warn the wicked man to turn from his ways and he does not do so, he will die for his sin, but you will have saved yourself.  


Oh my...  so if a watchman is one who announces what he sees, as believers, we are all watchmen.  We are to watch over our community and give warning..  Act on what we see..
I see a community of lostness.  I see families that are hurting, people that are dying apart from Christ.  I see souls that are trying to fulfill their deepest longings and desires with EVERYTHING except Jesus!  As I see these things, I notice that God's word says that if I do not speak out to dissuade the wicked from his ways, the wicked man will die for his own sins and I will be held accountable for his blood...  I hold the answers of the free gift of salvation, peace, joy and eternal security.  How much must I hate someone to not share these things with the destitute, deprived, defeated members of my community.  I will be held without excuse...

Colossians 1:9-14 says, "and so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.  May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.  He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Lord, because of the deliverance of my soul, because of the transfer of my eternal citizenship, because of the forgiveness of my sins, may I be found worthy of you!  May I be compelled and motivated by the goodness of YOU and may I overflow these things.  May I be intentional, purposeful and diligent in being a watchman for Senatobia.  

No comments:

Post a Comment