8.22.2011

Yep, it's Monday

What a day!  I started this morning at 8:30 (one of the luxuries of home schooling my kids.)  We ate breakfast, I had my coffee, we got dressed, then we went upstairs to the school room.  Now, I'm not quite sure yet what to do with a 2 year old while I'm teaching a 5 year old and an 11 year old, but I gave it my best effort..  She tore down the school room, played in the toilet, took apart and put together every puzzle she has all while screaming in frustration because of ALL the pieces EVERYWHERE!!  I finally decided that what she needed was to participate.  SO...  she did!  Why didn't I think of that sooner??  She mocked everything big brother said!  Today we worked on rhyming words, made up silly rhymes, read and discussed a couple of books, watched a book that was read by the author on youtube, played an interactive word game on the computer (http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/interactives/construct/), and worked on some sight words!  All of that before lunch... actually, by 11...  whew!!  No wonder I need a nap!  :)
I'm still working on getting the hang of schooling 3 COMPLETELY different ages...  (preschool, elementary school and middle school) But I'm so thankful for the opportunity to do it!  Right now, I help Chloe with her school work while Ana takes a nap.  She is great at doing her work alone, but she just needs some motivation and a little explanation with some things.
By the way, I also did laundry, got 3 bags of my clothes together to take to Goodwill, cooked dinner, and cleaned house (although it doesn't look like it now!)  I need a vacation!!  Or maybe just a hot bath...

1 comment:

  1. Our barely 2-year-old knows how to open my iPhone. Maybe a touch type game toy? Great to involve her! Best to you!

    ReplyDelete